Our Café @ Canberra Cares Day
Describe your community ambition
Our ambition is to provide people with disability the opportunity to utilise their skills to run Our Café as part of the Carers ACT Canberra Cares Day. People with a disability will use the skills they have learnt whilst participating in Carers ACT cooking programs to develop a menu, prepare food, serve customers, make coffee and handle money. Participants will undertake all elements of running the café to provide refreshments to members of the Canberra community.
How will you take action to achieve your ambition?
- We will continue to develop barista, cooking, catering and money handling skills in order to prepare participants to run and manage the café.
- We will recruit people with disabilities to the program and work with them to develop a menu, source recipes, shop for ingredients, prepare foods and develop barista skills.
- Promote Our Café as part of the Canberra Cares activities
- Operate Our Café on 22nd October 2016
How could people in the community support your ambition?
Attend Canberra Cares on 22nd October 2016 at Beaurepaire Crescent in Holt, and buy a coffee from Our Café.
How will you promote your ambition to the community?
As part of the promotion of Canberra Cares, Our Café will be promoted through a media release centred around a participant who will be taking part, use of social media and on websites where Canberra Cares is advertised.
What will success look like?
- Our Café being staffed by people with disabilities
- Our Café running smoothly and efficiently on the day
- Positive experience of those involved in operating Our Café