Creating inclusive communities through intentional connections
Describe your community ambition
I want to create a short video that captures the story of my experience in bringing the right people together to create opportunities for inclusion. I will talk about the power of relationships, where intentional connections have lead to great outcomes.
I will share my insights about recognising opportunities where there are common interests between influential people, and creating the right conditions for innovative ideas to flourish.
I want to send a message to community members and leaders that we can make great things happen if we all become intentional connectors, being mindful of our own relationships and networks, and bringing people together to collaborate on initiatives that will make our community an awesome place to live!
How will you take action to achieve your ambition?
- I will create a video that captures my story and gives tips on how anyone can become a connector if they are mindful of the roles and influence of those around them.
- I will use INVOLVE platform to promote the messages through my video. I will target a range of stakeholders including peak sporting organisations, government and non-government agencies, politicians, and school communities.
How could people in the community support your ambition?
- They can share their stories through the INVOLVE website of how connections have lead to great outcomes.
- They can make an arrangement for me to come and speak to their group about what inclusion means to me so they can identify what they can do to provide more opportunities for inclusion in our community.
How will you promote your ambition to the community?
- Through my own networks and groups I am associated with, and the INVOLVE social media platform.
What will success look like?
- Supporters of the ambition share stories of actions they are taking to facilitate connections to foster inclusive initiatives in the community.
Getting ready to go Master Builders Australia to talk about intentional connections.