The story so far
Involve will build upon the progress we have made under our Inclusion Plan Future Directions: Towards Challenge . While we have made significant inroads we know there is more to do.
Involve will pick up where Future Directions left off as we continue with renewed focus to work towards better outcomes for people with disability in our community.
Key projects we will continue to progress include:
- continuation of the ACT Chief Minister Inclusion Awards
- working with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to pilot innovative housing options for people with disability
- considering regulating minimum accessibility requirements for detached housing and accessibility in the design of new public buildings and public spaces
- ongoing development of flexible transport options
- continuation of the disability awareness initiatives, Everyone Everyday Disability Awareness Program and Disability Confidence Canberra
- supported decision making pilot
- Enhancing the Child Development Service to support children birth-6 years at risk of developmental delay, but not eligible for the NDIS, and
- transition of Government delivered disability and therapy services to the non-government sector
- Ensuring the ACT Office for Disability serves the needs of the ACT community.